Thursday 17 February 2011

For Immediate Release

Time to start writing the press releases ......

SOUK – Fashion & Lifestyle Bazaar is a new style of shopping event being launched in York next month. SOUK’s debut boasts over twenty of the area’s creative minds to present a bazaar that oozes the latest fashion and lifestyle concepts. The fabulously talented designers include Antiform, an eco-fashion label, short listed for a Marie Claire Fashion Award and Bo Carter, an independent designer who has shown her collection at Fashion Weeks around the World.

SOUK is my passion and indulgence; having my first child while at university I quickly went from a carefree shopaholic  and serial clubber, to mum. However, 14 years on and having the opportunity of living in Dubai and Singapore I have reignited my inner fashionista!

Once my children got older I finally had some time for myself. Still creative and passionate about trends, I started designing and making jewellery. While looking for a suitable outlet to sell my jewellery I attended many local fairs and found that they weren’t attracting enough of my genre, so I decided to organise my own.

Not only does SOUK give shoppers the opportunity to buy unique products and labels from up and coming designers, but it also gives designers the opportunity to sell their products in a city centre location marketed at their customer profiles.

SOUK has brought together the fashion conscious of York like no other event, and I have found the journey extremely rewarding. Not only have I been amazed by the interest I’ve had in SOUK from day one, but I’ve been touched by the amount support and encouragement I’ve been given.

Another highlight of organising SOUK is working with Alex Claydon the brainchild of York’s brand new vintage fair - ‘York does Vintage’. The joining together of SOUK and York does Vintage, secures York as a true fashion destination on the 5 March.

What’s next for SOUK … whatever the fashionista demands, though one thing is for sure the ripples will stretch beyond the city walls.

Saturday 5, March SOUK Fashion & Lifestyle Bazaar at Park Inn Hotel,
and York Does Vintage @ St Williams College.


-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment